Well the home is on the market for about a week now – what has occurred in this past week?
Within less than 24 hours on the market, we had our first showing.
Good News! Less than 24 hours of the first showing, the same realtor showed the house for a second time to the same clients. Very Good News! Ultimately no offer from those potential buyers. Not So Good News!
4 days later scheduled is another showing. Good News! 15 minutes before the scheduled showing, call is received; the showing is cancelled. Bad News!
A week later and the home is on the market and ready to be sold. This past week, mother nature decided to provide us with more than 5 inches of rain. Yes, the week was very soggy. Did this keep potential buyers from coming to view our home? I am not sure if this had any affect, but because of the lighting storm a couple of nights ago, we are frantically calling people out to fix a non-working automatic garage door opener, internet-phone-TV issues and the home intercom system that is now not working at all. Not a good time for issues like these. But, mother nature is bringing sunshine in the next couple of days; that’s good news!
Our realtor will be having an open house of our home this coming Sunday. Let us hope the new owners walk in the door that day.
As some of you may know, selling a home and having it listed on the market can at times be hectic. Gary and I always want our home to show perfectly and immaculately. We are neat in our living and our home is always clean and tidy. Especially now that the home is ready to sell and we never know when that next call will come in for the next showing. Everything must be kept clean at all times. Before we have a showing, we have a checklist that we complete so the home will be staged for viewing. This ‘staging’ includes removing things such as the dog’s water bowls, unplugging cell phone cords, wiping down counter tops, ensuring the yard, garden and pool are clean and inviting. We also turn on all inside lights and ceiling fans.
As we wait for the next owner to walk into the front door, we are researching and deciding our future.
You remember we have ‘Plan A’ and ‘Plan B’, which will we choose? Not 100% decided just yet, but we are getting closer to making a decision. When I know that decision, I will let you know.
In the meantime, we continue with staying busy researching the future possibilities and patiently waiting for the next owners to come view the home.