In my post ‘a no go!‘, I concluded with the following –
I will not have a chemotherapy treatment for 2 weeks and unsure at this time how this will affect my schedule. You see next week would have been my week off and then followed by 2 final weeks of chemotherapy for my 4th and final cycle. Now that I am not finishing the final week of my 3rd cycle I will not know when the 4th cycle will end.
You may remember I am making uncertain plans to travel back to Texas to spend with my family for Thanksgiving. With this latest development in my treatment, these uncertain plans become closer to a certainty that the visit will not take place.
Thanksgiving with my family – it may be a no go!
In today’s post I write the following –
This is my scheduled week off from chemotherapy and next week will be considered the 2nd week of my 3rd cycle since last week it was cancelled. Friday of next week I will meet with my Oncologist Dr. D. prior to my chemotherapy treatment and should know how the delay of last week’s treatment will affect the upcoming schedule. I am unsure if eventually I will have 3 weeks in a row of chemotherapy or if the regular schedule will take place and therefore pushing my original end date by a week.
If the original end date is pushed back by a week, this will certainly affect my trip to Texas for Thanksgiving. My original end date is November 3rd and pushing a week later will be November 11th. With Thanksgiving less than 2 weeks later, it is difficult to determine if my body will be able to handle the travel. The concern I have is whether my white blood count will be back to a normal count as I certainly do not want to expose myself to possible infections when traveling, especially on a plane.
Also sometime during the month of November I will receive imaging tests that will determine the future of my healthcare with regards to my cancer.
The only important happening this past week is Gary and I moved the RV back to our original location on the Pensacola Naval Air Station. We will now live here at the RV park on the Naval Air Station for the next 3 months. We wanted to be at this location for specific upcoming events such as the holidays and other possible activities. Once the 3 months is over, a determination will take place where the next location will be as this is dependent on my health concerns.
Still unknowns at this time and as they reveal themselves the future will become clearer.