In my post last Friday ‘Still unknowns‘, I concluded with the following –
The only important happening this past week is Gary and I moved the RV back to our original location on the Pensacola Naval Air Station. We will now live here at the RV park on the Naval Air Station for the next 3 months. We wanted to be at this location for specific upcoming events such as the holidays and other possible activities. Once the 3 months is over, a determination will take place where the next location will be as this is dependent on my health concerns.
Still unknowns at this time and as they reveal themselves the future will become clearer.
Today in this post, I write the following –
The next several months will be busy with many activities taking place. Remember I mentioned a tentative trip planned back to Texas to visit my family for Thanksgiving. This trip is still not confirmed and is depended on when my chemo will end and how my body responds to the treatment, specifically the results of my white blood count. The plane tickets are reserved and should the trip not take place, there will be no penalty for cancelling at the last minute. Should this trip be cancelled; we may end up taking the trip on a different date other than a holiday.
Gary and I also have another trip planned in early December. I will be honest; I need a vacation away from our current location and away from my doctors, the hospitals, labs and chemotherapy treatments. As of today I have no idea what will take place with regards to my health and the care needed in the last months of this year and the early months of next year. I believe by mid-November I will have a good idea what the future holds, but today it is unclear. I am assuming at this point; today, that my chemotherapy will be completed within a couple of weeks. My understanding if my major surgery is to take place, it will not be until January 2017.
I need a vacation, so Gary and I have planned taking a cruise in December a couple of weeks prior to Christmas. We are planning taking a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise the second week in December. Today, there are still uncertainties with my health and the care needed; but I truly believe I will be able to travel by the second week in December. This travel in December will be discussed with my Oncologist Dr. D. whom I have an appointment with prior to today’s chemotherapy treatment.
My view on my health and my life is that taking a small break from what is taking place, will be a benefit for Gary and myself. Precautions will be taken and I will remain focus on remaining infection free.
I need to get away – I need a break – I need to have some fun – I need a vacation.